Has anyone
ever told you that you can’t do it? That it’s out of your league? That you’re
good for nothing? And that you’re a waste soul on the face of the earth?
Don’t feel
too bad because you’re a legend in making IF ONLY you handle these criticisms
well. People are going to condemn you your entire life. They will mock you and
do anything it takes to bring you down. You can choose to let them bring you
down or you can fight for yourself and emerge out as a winner.
Recently,
I’ve encountered a lot of such people. My very own people tell me that it’s out
of my league.
I’m a
dreamer. I’ve got huge dreams and when I share it with so called “My people”,
they mock me, laugh at the idea or give a snort of derision that shouts at the
top of its voice – “Girl, get real”.
I feel bad, I get depressed. I doubt my instincts and reason my intuition. I wish I could disappear or at least wish they disappeared! I want to shout at them and tell them to go hell with themselves or calmly question whether they’ve achieved big.
But I’ve realized that handling criticism in an ugly way will eventually harm me. That’s why I’ve decided to stay silent and keep my dreams and aspirations to myself. And one fine day, they’ll see. They’ll all see.
Just by keeping my goals to myself and thinking big will definitely not help me reach my goal, I know. I need to work hard - leave my comfort zone, challenge my abilities and surpass my expectations. The primary step to achieving success is to THINK that you can do it. You can do anything if you just BELIEVE in yourself.
HOW TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS –
The
definition of success is different for everyone. For some, success is earning
great figures while for others it can be as simple as learning how to program
computers.
- Find the goal of your life – Identify the things you love to do, the things that make you happy. Once you know what you love, use this information to find the objective of your life. Fascinated by guitars? Borrow one and start playing! Want to be a writer? Start off by blogging! Want to surpass Mark Zuckerburg? Have a 24-hour coding tear every week.Just do something!
- If you’re a big time procrastinator and motivation fades away very fast, Imagine being successful! Imagine winning Battle-of-bands competition! Imagine being asked to write a movie script. Imagine getting your dream job at Google and also think of the monotonous life you could lead if you don’t strive hard!
- Keep short term goals – By having short term goals, you keep a check on your progress. If you’re planning to complete JAVA in a course of 6 months, keep short goals for a week and make sure you’ve achieved it in a week’s time. Give yourself a difficult but doable timeline.
- Identify the skills you require to achieve your goal – If you want to be a good writer or speaker, you must have a broad vocabulary. Sharpen the needed skills before you start executing your goal. If you want to be a good writer, be a good reader. If you want to be a good orator, be a good listener!
- Stay away from distractions – While working on the computer, turn off your internet connection. 5 minutes of Facebook browsing will end up in chatting with your kindergarten friend for an hour! Turn off your phone and stack it away in your cupboard!
- Leave your comfort zone! If you could study till 1am yesterday, study till 2 am today. Well, YOU ASKED FOR SUCCESS!
- Be surrounded by awesome people – Surround yourself with people who’re better than you. Have a healthy competition with them. Never be jealous. Being jealous of someone is like drinking poison and hoping for the other person to die!
- Stay foolish, stay curious! It’s a clichéd tagline but it really helps you to grow!
- WORK HARD - It doesn’t matter whether you’re a genius. If you don’t know what’s in the syllabus, the dumb kid who mugs day and night will top.
- And Never give up!
Lastly, it doesn’t matter whether you
win you lose. The person that you’ve become in the meanwhile is definitely a
winner! Journey is more important than the destination because you’ll find out
who you really are and appreciate the subtle details of what is called life!
All the best for your upcoming endeavors!
For more motivation, mail me at preethi30495@gmail.com




No comments:
Post a Comment