Friend
– You know what? You know what? You know whaaaat?
Me
– Yeah, Abdelaziz Bouteflika is
re-elected
as The President of Algeria.
Friend
– Abdela what?
Me
– Never mind. You were saying?
Friend
– Remember this guy XYZ? I asked him out yesterday and he said
'NO'.
Me
– Oh, I'm sorry to hear...
Friend – I feel soooo terrible. He's soooo awesome. He's the President of our college's Debate society.
He has attended plenty on MUNs. Last year, he represented his school in Singapore Debate Competition. He's blah blah blah blah....*Goes on for 19 minutes* ....and he's sooooo cute!
Me
– What are you?
Friend – Um, err, what? I don't understand.
Me – Exactly.
Tell me about yourself. What have you done in your life? Have you achieved anything significant?
Friend – Um, err, what? I don't understand.
Me – Exactly.
Tell me about yourself. What have you done in your life? Have you achieved anything significant?
Friend
- *Gawks at me for a while*.. Um, I don't get it.
Me – And you never will! Go get a life, sweetheart!
Me – And you never will! Go get a life, sweetheart!
Okay,
I might seem callous and rude here but these things have become
ubiquitous nowadays and I'm compelled to write about it.
I'll
tell you the fate of this girl : Now that she knows she can't have
him she'll wallow in self pity for a few weeks, and later she'll
settle for somebody like her, a LOSER!
Do you ever wonder why everybody friendzones you? No?
Cross
your heart and pardon me, cacophonous reality incoming!!!
What
are you, the CEO of Microsoft? A start-up, maybe? Developed a cool
app? Wrote a book? Planning to write a book? Do you even read books?
Directed
a small clipping? Volunteered for a cause? Won a hundred
competitions? (No, not Rangoli competition). Do you have a working
knowledge of whatever the heck you're studying? Do you know about the
things happening around the world? Are you the brightest bulb on the
planet? Do you possess a whimsical sense of humour? Can you speak 5
languages? Can you code? (No, printing “Hello World!” is not
coding).
No? Nothing?
No? Nothing?
Well, YOU ARE THE OPPOSITE OF AWESOME!
Build
yourself first, build a god damn personality. Get noticed (For good
things, duh!), get popular, gain trust, earn appreciation, go beyond
the orbit of your comfort zone and establish yourself. Be the protagonist, the cynosure in the life of people around you!
![]() |
| This pretty much sums up for everything this blog post is about! |
A
freaking awesome personality is the “dude-magnet”!
I know it sounds like a herculean task. But have you even tried? How can expect someone to be interested in you when you're apathetic about your life?
I know it sounds like a herculean task. But have you even tried? How can expect someone to be interested in you when you're apathetic about your life?
I've got no talent whatsoever! But I try!
Everyday,
I note down the new things I come across and Google them before
sleeping. I try and attend as many competitions as possible, just for
the sake of learning things. I believe that knowledge and knowing
interesting pieces of trivia comes handy.
I
have plenty of things on my to-do list. I might not be successful in
doing everything but I'm trying to do things that are significant,
things that make me feel good about myself.
When
you're doing things that matter, you're improving yourself, upgrading
yourself up a notch, making your life awesome. When your life is
awesome, you're attractive, you are comparatively more happier and
you own the “dude-magnet”.
And
bimbos, please get life! Giggling for everything, fawning and acting
stupid will not make you any cooler. It's just lame.
Be modest, discerning, impeccable and establish austerity in everything you do. People will respect you and like you!
Build an awesome career, there is always time for love! :)
Be modest, discerning, impeccable and establish austerity in everything you do. People will respect you and like you!
Build an awesome career, there is always time for love! :)
The
age between 18 to 23 is the epoch, make it exemplary! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment