Wednesday, 29 January 2014

You can do anything if you stop trying to do everything!

Well, to start off with, I’d say I screwed up my first semester of engineering, academically. I screwed up pretty bad.
I’m still trying to figure out where I went wrong. I think it’s Karma! I called my college people stupid and this is life’s way of getting back at me!
What did I learn?
Never be a condescending ass! Respect everyone. Irrespective of what they are!
Yes, some people are mean, respect them too. Who knows what huge crisis they might be dealing with!
Yes, you’ll find people annoyingly ignorant. Just know that that is how they’ve been brought up. Instead of getting pissed at their ignorance, you should try enlightening them about whatever you know. That’s nobler, right?

Nobody lands on earth with an instruction manual on life! You have to learn from your mistakes. Apparently, whatever I do turns into an overwhelming disaster!
It was recently pointed out to me that I was running, trying to achieve something which I was consciously unaware of. I was told that I was being too hard on myself; trying out a lot of things etcetera etcetera...
Well, I was caught in an ugly agree-to-disagree position!
In the beginning of the academic year, I was so afraid of what lay ahead that I literally mapped out a plan about how I would survive the first semester and outrun all my fellow mates. I thought I had to do something, something extraordinary to compensate for the past failures and disappointments. I would make a to-do list and stick it on the mirror, so that I couldn’t see my face. This was to ensure that I’m everyday reminded of how insignificant external beauty is and how I must concentrate on finishing the tasks at hand.

My weekly to-do list roughly consisted of something like this –
Make notes on Lathe chapter
Write Mech lab record
Finish that goddamn poem
Read about George Washington and operation Blue Star
Add 10 words to dictionary
Learn some everyday trivia
Debate with Supreeth about Rahul Gandhi and stuff like that.
And I also interned at a start-up!

Boy, I guess it was too much, given I would wake up at 5:30, go to college and return home at 6. I hardly got time to do everyday essential chores!
I would end up doing at least 50% of whatever I had planned. That gave me satisfaction. But not having done the other 50% would depress me.

The first semester was very short. It came like a storm, left like a storm. And I don’t see any significant improvement in my personality, language or GK. And I did terribly terribly bad academically. So bad, that I kissed good-bye to my dream company as soon as I saw my result. But hey, this is just the first sem. 7 more to go! I’m sure I’ll top next sem.
I’m too ambitious, right? Well, you too should be. Ambition drives you out of your comfort zone. It keeps you happy.

The point is, don’t try to do everything. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. I’m pushing away extra-curricular for this semester and planning to become a book worm.


All you genius kids out there, screwing up their exams back to back, open your eyes and look where you went wrong. You’re not stupid, you’re just lazy!
I’ve discovered that IQ isn’t really required to ace Indian Educational System; at least it ain’t required to ace VTU. All you need to do is study systematically and put it ample amount of hard work and you should also possess good handwriting!




Now move your ass away from your PC, throw your phone and pick up your Chemistry textbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment