I'm the kind of a person who's terrified of using new gadgets mostly because I feel I'll blow it up. I'm the kind of a person who'd rather slap the TV remote a hundred times when it stops working instead of changing the batteries. I belong to that clan of ignorant people who'll force-shut down their PC when it starts behaving all weird. I'm also the kind that'll never try and pull out technical stunts with their phone or camera or any domestic appliances as such because, well, I've no freakin' idea what side effect it could cause!
So, all these years I had my brother administer the PC I used. By 'use', I mean watching movies, using Paint, playing Barbie games, browsing through the internet shenanigans etcetera etcetera.
And as a sophomoric ritual, I made my parents buy me this really cool laptop. I made them shell out more money because I'm doing B.E. in Computer Science so I'd need a lappy with brilliant configuration that would help me become the next Page, Zuckerberg, Adam D'angelo and other such awesome computer people the world has seen!
Boy, did I love my new computer! I loved it so much that I hardly used it. I'd do an extensive research on anything I planned to install, I'd everyday run a virus scan, I'd seldom let anybody touch my PC let alone use it and "No insertion of drives" was my motto!
But Microsoft HAD to screw me over. Folks, let's all agree that Microsoft hasn't done a very good job with Windows 8.1 and that there are plenty of bugs that needs to be fixed. (No offense Microsoft, I still love you.)
The PC started running into these blue screens with error messages having sophisticated keywords I had never heard of. (Duh!) I tried to rectify it. I'd Google those error messages, read each and every article on it and tried doing whatever it said. But those articles would have a bunch of new keywords that I wouldn't know and I had to Google them too. It was like a chain reaction and I'd end up getting pissed at every other person on earth.
I had given up. I stacked this stupid-piece-of-shit and tried to forget about it until my exams were over. I was so scared I messed it up, sometimes I'd go into depression!
Yeah, I'm dumb like that.
One fine day, I called those Tech support peeps, narrated the entire story and after 3 hours of nail-biting struggle, I DID IT! I fixed my PC! Well, technically they did, but what the hell! :D
This was the day I won my first war against technology.
Then came the Battle of Internet! I needed portable net, so it had to be data-cards. Ordered it online, and this time FlipKart mowed me down by sending the wrong model
that wouldn't work on 8.1. (That's okay, FlipKart! You'll still be my first priority!) Returning would be a big pain in the ass, so I had to make it work or simply stab myself right in the eye!
Google rescued me again! Search, search, read every crap about the problem, do as it says, *3 hours of serious work* and VOILA, it's working! :D
I was overjoyed. Euphoric. Techgasmed. :P
................................................
So, all these years I had my brother administer the PC I used. By 'use', I mean watching movies, using Paint, playing Barbie games, browsing through the internet shenanigans etcetera etcetera.
And as a sophomoric ritual, I made my parents buy me this really cool laptop. I made them shell out more money because I'm doing B.E. in Computer Science so I'd need a lappy with brilliant configuration that would help me become the next Page, Zuckerberg, Adam D'angelo and other such awesome computer people the world has seen!
Boy, did I love my new computer! I loved it so much that I hardly used it. I'd do an extensive research on anything I planned to install, I'd everyday run a virus scan, I'd seldom let anybody touch my PC let alone use it and "No insertion of drives" was my motto!
But Microsoft HAD to screw me over. Folks, let's all agree that Microsoft hasn't done a very good job with Windows 8.1 and that there are plenty of bugs that needs to be fixed. (No offense Microsoft, I still love you.)
The PC started running into these blue screens with error messages having sophisticated keywords I had never heard of. (Duh!) I tried to rectify it. I'd Google those error messages, read each and every article on it and tried doing whatever it said. But those articles would have a bunch of new keywords that I wouldn't know and I had to Google them too. It was like a chain reaction and I'd end up getting pissed at every other person on earth.
I had given up. I stacked this stupid-piece-of-shit and tried to forget about it until my exams were over. I was so scared I messed it up, sometimes I'd go into depression!
Yeah, I'm dumb like that.
One fine day, I called those Tech support peeps, narrated the entire story and after 3 hours of nail-biting struggle, I DID IT! I fixed my PC! Well, technically they did, but what the hell! :D
This was the day I won my first war against technology.
Then came the Battle of Internet! I needed portable net, so it had to be data-cards. Ordered it online, and this time FlipKart mowed me down by sending the wrong model
that wouldn't work on 8.1. (That's okay, FlipKart! You'll still be my first priority!) Returning would be a big pain in the ass, so I had to make it work or simply stab myself right in the eye!
Google rescued me again! Search, search, read every crap about the problem, do as it says, *3 hours of serious work* and VOILA, it's working! :D
I was overjoyed. Euphoric. Techgasmed. :P
................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment